Wednesday, June 18, 2014

Twice In A Week!? Really!?

Are you serious? Is this really happening again!? You can probably guess what I’m talking about.
That’s right. Another slow cooker disaster. Only days later.

The contents boiled over. That may look like a small puddle but there was more behind it. I just… no.. all of my no.
It’s like I’m grabbing a book of evil sorcery instead of a recipe book every time I walk into my kitchen. I’m going to have to start calling the kitchen my evil lair because every time I use the slow cooker it looks like I’ve concocted a poisonous potion bubbling like it’s being boiled with hellfire.

Is this really a witch’s cauldron I own? Do I need to find the shipping address to Hogwarts and send it back? Or is this a sign that my Hogwarts acceptance letter is 14 years late?
I.. I just… can’t…even….
But, at least it tasted good. Everyone enjoyed it and so long as it’s not wasted (like the dumpling disaster was) then I’ll not be too sour about it.
I’m telling myself, “Self, look on the bright side: At least it’s edible this time.”
This just means I get to practice extra hard at using a slow cooker. Oh joy.

-Tome Raider

2 comments: